Sunday 14 April 2013

Time for the TurnkeyCoach to Go Pro


Coaching is one of those “people helping” skills that everyone does, with or without training, to some degree of proficiency. Like parenting and mentoring, it is something that most of us will be called upon to do, usually with little or no formal training.

When first introduced to coaching, I was wary of the field until I met someone in a recognised profession who had adopted coaching techniques as a means of developing the people in their sphere of influence. My training consisted of reading the book that person recommended, attending a number of introductory courses and enrolling for a correspondence course I didn't complete. More importantly I took the plunge and coached a number of friends and acquaintances and together we learned what worked and what didn't, what was useful and what less so.

Coaching today is a profession, with an established body of knowledge, standards, and professional associations. While the informal coaching I have practised to date has, I've been assured, helped my clients, the time has come for me to “Go Pro.”

This week I will enrol for a 140 hour ACSTH course (that's an International Coach Federation designation for Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours). I'll also be applying for admission to an MSc in Personal, Corporate and Executive Coaching at the University of Lincoln, a city I'll be moving to later this year.

As part of the accreditation process with the International Coach Federation I need to report on 100 hours of coaching, 25 of which can be free of charge! I will therefore be offering coaching services at no, or low cost and will appreciate your help in achieving professional status.

Please email me at frank@turnkeycoaching.co.uk if you'd like to know more.  


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your decision to 'Go Pro'! You are right, we are all lay coaches to some degree, but the formal training we have received has definitely helped us take our Christian Life Coaching to the next level! Blessings on your journey!

    ReplyDelete